RIP.IE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using our website www.RIP.ie and its subdomains and mobile versions (our “Site”) you indicate your acceptance of this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to this Privacy Statement, do not use or access the Site.
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect and process the following data:
- Information you give us. Information that is provided by you to us via email; phone; fax; through our Site; or by any other means. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
2. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information collected in the following ways:
Where you provide information to us we may use this:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- We may also provide third parties with aggregate information about our users that does not identify them as individuals.
Where we collect information about you we may use this:
- To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information may be disclosed in the following ways:
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 155 of the Companies Acts, 1963. The reason for this disclosure includes, but is not limited to, enabling one of our related companies to perform certain services on our behalf.
- We may disclose your personal information to business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If RIP.ie or a substantial part of its assets are acquired by a third party personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Where advertising is displayed on our Site we may disclose data to advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 peope from County Dublin have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, visitors from County Galway). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and we take the security of the data that we store seriously. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. USER RIGHTS
Users have the right to ask us not to process personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect user data, unsubscribing via the link on any marketing email you receive from us or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also ask us to rectify, delete or erase any data we hold about you that you think may be incorrect, or withdraw consent for us to obtain and hold such data.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised by sending an email to email@example.com.
7. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
Any changes we may make to our privacy statement in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this statement.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy statement are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.